Mashable points to a couple naming their newborn "Like" after the one-year-old Like button on Facebook.
They join a couple that named their child Facebook.
Is this one of the seven signs that preceed the end of the world? No, it's not end times. It's just pop culture at it's best...or it's worst depending on your outlook.
So from the home office in Cincinnati, Ohio, here are
The (worst) Top Five Social-Media-Inspired Names:
5) Retweet** -- It's arguably not even that original. Remember Rerun?
4) Poke -- Again, unoriginal. A Pac-Man fan wouldn't blink(y) twice upon hearing this name
3) Tumblina -- Tumblr would be cool with it. But I'm not sure if the kid would grow into it or not.
2) Fail Whale -- You're pretty much guaranteeing the kid a life of therapy.
1) Viral -- Oh sure, the baby vids might rack up the views on YouTube. But try scheduling a play date for this kid. Srsly.
Honorable Mentions: Hulu/Boxee, Wiki/Widget, Meme, Geo, Bebo/Blip, DeviantARTIST, Orkut, Plaxo, Vimeo, Yelp and Micro-Blog
Care to add to the list? Comment below. But no celebrity baby names accepted.
**Hat tip to Chuck Gose for inspiring this post.