You know who you are. You’re stuck in the 1990’s-era novelty of using the Internet. You forward emails with 15 headers in them, forcing us to scroll through 10 pages of text to get to a really bad joke.
With this story, USA Today proves it’s a
slow news day problem and I’m not just a curmudgeon. Here are my top five sig file pet peeves.
1) Script Font: Using script font for your name as if you really wrote it yourself. That’s so cute. Not.
2) ASCII Text Art: It’s ugly. See?
3) Any List: It’s a sig file, not a resume. And I don't care if you rode in the same elevator as Seth Godin.
4) Cheese: Automatic calculators tracking how old your kids are and any other related cheery, personal sap.
5) Quotes: I don’t care who said what. It doesn’t make you cool or smart anyway.
Less is more. We just need basic contact info. Thanks.